St. Charles Hospital and Rehabilitation Center and John T. Mather Memorial Hospital have formed the Mather - St. Charles Health Alliance which will enhance medical care to the communities they serve. Certain services will be sited either at St. Charles or Mather, forming Centers of Excellence to better serve our patients.
By siting certain services in one location, both hospitals can reduce cost, which will allow more resources to be invested in innovative new programs to better serve the community.
Centers of Excellence
- Endocrine disease, dehydration, diabetes, and electrolyte imbalance will be centered at St. Charles.
- Inpatient and outpatient oncology will be centered at Mather.
- Outpatient chemotherapy services will be provided at Mather.
- Inpatient pediatrics will be centralized at St. Charles.
- Neurosurgical services will be centralized at St. Charles.
- Fortunato Breast Health Center
Services Available At Mather - St. Charles
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Emergency Department
- Inpatient Medical/Surgical Care
- Intensive Care Unit/Cardiac Care Unit/Telemetry
- Occupational Health Services
- Stroke Center
- Adolescent Psychiatric Unit
- Adult Psychiatric Unit
- Alcohol Detoxification
- Angiographic Interventional Radiology Suite
- Chest Pain Emergency Room
- Inpatient Dialysis Unit
- Hematology - Cancer Related
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Unit
- Infertility & Reproductive Endocrinology
- Inpatient Alcohol Detoxification
- Oncology - Adult
- Outpatient Alcohol Counseling
- Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Prostate Seed Implants
- Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization - Adult & Adolescent
- Psychiatry - Adult & Adolescent
- Radiation Therapy
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Wound Care Centers
St. Charles Hospital
- Adult & Pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Arthritis Care
- Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Children's Specialty Clinics
- Community Re-entry Program
- Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation (Adult & Pediatric)
- Diabetes, Endocrine, Metabolic & Nutrition Disorders
- Dental Clinics * Hearing and Speech Center
- Endocrinology - primary reason for admission is dehydration, diabetes, or electrolyte imbalance or an endocrinology disorder.
- Joint Replacement Program
- Long Term Home Health * Maternity Center
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Network (9 Long Island Locations)
- Pediatrics - Inpatient general medical or surgical diagnosis
- Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury Unit
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Spinal Surgery - Laminectomies, spinal fusions, spine, back, and neck procedures
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Traumatic Brain Injury
All physicians on staff at either hospital are on staff at both hospitals. Patients should not worry that they will have to seek, or be assigned different physicians for their treatment. Patients will be directed to the appropriate hospital.
Physicians will routinely advise patients which hospital they should utilize for treatment of their specific medical situation.
The emergency departments of both hospitals will continue to treat all patients as they have in the past.
For a free physician staff directory, please call (631) 474-6030.